Delicate. Light. Just the right amount of sweet with a tad of tropical.
This is a perfect ending to a filling meal, summer meal, or a diet meal.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, in juice, undrained
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) vanilla pudding
- 1 cup thawed Whipped Topping
- 1 angel food cake
- fresh strawberries for garnish
- Mix pineapple with its juice and the dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom cake layer, cut-side up, on serving plate; top with 1-1/3 cups of the pudding mixture. Cover with middle cake layer and an additional 1 cup of the remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining cake layer; spread top of dessert with the remaining pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Top with strawberries just before serving.