Monday, September 17, 2012

Flourless Zucchini Breakfast Bread


I was looking for a zucchini brownie recipe and found this flourless one.  Having Gluten Free friends, I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and make delicious zucchini brownies and have a new gluten-free recipe under my belt for when the occasion arises.

But it turns out, these weren't what I deemed a BROWNIE to be- but more of a zucchini bread taste in square form.  Still delicious, still worthy of repeating, still amazing since they have no FLOUR (!!!) but not worthy of the title "BROWNIE". 

Plan on making these for breakfast and not dessert and you won't be disappointed!

What you will need:
  • 1 cup of peanut butter. (The original recipe called for almond-but I didn't have any.  If you do, use it!)
  • 1 1/2 cup of shredded zucchini.
  • 1/3 cup of raw honey
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • 1 tsp of baking soda
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
  • 1 cup of dark chocolate chips. I used gluten free chocolate chips.
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix everything together.
  3. Pour into a greased 9x9 baking pan.
  4. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
~~~ The original recipe was found here. ~~~~~

No comments: