Friday, September 28, 2007

Taco Salad



This is such an easy~peasy meal I almost feel bad about calling it a recipe, or posting it here at Kitchen Riches for that matter!

So-rather than a recipe, I will call this a *tip*, for those who have never thought that making a tortilla bowl would really dress up an ordinary taco salad or for those, who have been intimidated at the thought-thinking it was more difficult than it really is.

To make a taco salad BOWL, simply grease oven-safe bowls and set on a cookie sheet, rim side down. Place round tortilla's on top of them and push the sides down a bit. Place in an oven and bake for about 5 minutes at 375-or until the edges are slightly brown.

Take out of the oven and, after they have cooled for a few minutes, take off of the bowls. See. I told you it was easy.

Now-because this is so short and sweet and I have already wasted my time posting these photos, I will tell you what we like on ours, starting from the BOTTOM and going UP.

Refried beans
Onion
Lettuce
Tomato
Shredded cheese (lots!)
Taco beef (beef with-er-taco seasoning!) :-)
Sour cream
and
SALSA!

Matt likes his salad with a few shots of Hot sauce and hot peppers.

I like mine with black olives.

Corynn and Andrew like theirs with tortilla CHIPS.

And we all gobble them up.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christine said...

I love it; I cannot wait to try this!