Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fruited Pork with Apple Cider Glaze



I am not a big pork person, but it just happens to be Matt's favorite meat so I force myself to make it for him. (weirdo.)

Oftentimes I end up adding fruit of some sort to mask the flavor~this particular time I added several.

I used four bone-in pork chops~but any sort of pork would work well. Any quantity too...just add a bit more fruit to compensate.

Brown pork in a skillet, along with a T. of olive oil and a sliced onion. Add 2 apples (peeled, cored, and sliced) to the mixture and saute until not-quite tender.

Salt and pepper to taste...sprinkle a bit of nutmeg and a smidgen of cayenne pepper.

Add about 1/2 c. Apple Cider to skillet and a splash of lemon juice. Cover, reduce heat and let simmer for about 7/8 minutes or until pork is cooked through.

Add 2 T. maple syrup and a small handful of raisins.

In a small dish, mix 1 heaping T. of cornstarch with a touch of water. Stir until 'dissolved' and put into skillet.

Raise heat and bring to boil-and then LET boil until sauce has thickened well.

Sorry about the vague amounts...I made this two weeks ago and am working off of memory. A smidge here. A splash there. Go for it~you'll be fine.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: