Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuna Fish



I don't like fish. I don't EAT fish. I only COOK fish when Matt begs and pleads. The one exception is tuna fish, but I only eat my own.

If you like tuna to taste like tuna-this recipe probably isn't for you. If you like a whole medley of flavor with an only-slightly fishy taste, give this one a try.

I never use exact measurements so I have included approximations here.

  • 2 cans of tuna fish packed in water, drained well.
  • 1/3-1/2 cup Mayo or Miracle Whip (I use the latter)
  • 2 T. zucchini relish (I think this is the secret ingredient that sets my Tuna apart from others, but if you don't have any just use pickle relish)
  • 2 t. minced onion
  • 1/4-1/2 t. parsley
  • 1/4 t. horseradish (Optional. I add this when I am feeling frisky.)
Mix all ingredients together. (It is best to make the tuna a few minutes ahead of time, so that the minced onion will soften.)
Make a sandwich using whole wheat toast, salad greens, cheddar and tuna OR, for parties, a bit of tuna on Saltine crackers topped with thinly sliced extra sharp cheddar (only had colby jack in the fridge for picture day) is a GREAT appetizer.

No comments: