Thursday, May 29, 2014

Strawberry Air



It's like a light, airy ice cream minus the cream.  Like a mousse minus the yolks.  It is a simple, fast and deliciously light dessert to cool and refresh you after a long hot day.

1 cup mashed strawberry pulp
1 egg white
1/4 c. powdered sugar, sifted

Mix egg white and strawberry pulp with whipping attachment until expanded and stiff (10-15 minutes).  Add sifted powder sugar and mix a minute more.

Put in serving cups and freeze (or chill) until ready to serve.  Top with strawberry or a dollop of preserves and whipped cream.

I have currently been trying to work my way through the freezers to make room for a (Lord willing!) plentiful garden harvest this year and I came upon several extra jars of strawberry freezer jam that I didn't know I had.  Thus, I substituted 1 cup strawberry freezer jam (thawed) for the pulp and added sugar.

I tripled the recipe to serve 8 guests so if you have more than two dessert partakers~ you'll need to double or triple it.

(A better photo will be added when I make it next.  This was a Quick! snap before serving photo while guests were waiting...which I clearly am not very good at!

1 comment:

Alan Curtis said...

I want to share with you all here on how I got my loan from Mr Benjamin who helped me with a loan of 400,000.00 Euro to improve my business, It was easy and swift when i applied for the loan when things were getting rough with my business Mr Benjamin granted me loan without delay. Here is Mr Benjamin email/whatsapp contact: +1 989-394-3740, 247officedept@gmail.com.