Thursday, June 7, 2007
Lemony Angel Food Cake
As light as air. Better yet-as helium. hehehe
1 cup heaving whipping cream
Whip with electric mixer until it starts to thicken
1 T. confectioners sugar
Mix until stiff peaks form.
Fold 1 15 oz can of lemon pie filling into the mixture.
You can make your own angel food cake, use a boxed mix or buy it prepared. Cut angel food cake into two layers-frost, then add top layer and frost the entire cake.
To make Homemade Angel Food cake:
* 1 1/4 cups cake flour
* 1 3/4 cups white sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 cups egg whites
* 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1. Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks, and then add cream of tartar, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
2. Sift together flour, sugar, and salt. Repeat five times.
3. Gently combine the egg whites with the dry ingredients, and then pour into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
4. Place cake pan in a cold oven. Turn the oven on; set it to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Cook for about one hour, or until cake is golden brown.
5. Invert cake, and allow it to cool in the pan. When thoroughly cooled, remove from pan.