Thursday, June 7, 2007

Moist Poultry Stuffing


This is the first time I have made sutffing from scratch and I will not go back. It was so easy and delicious! I just experimented so amounts are not exact.

Cut up bread in cubes (I used about 1 1/2 loaves) and let rest on counter for a few days (OR) put in oven at 300 until crisp. Put in a bowl. Add to bowl...
Parsley
Garlic powder
Thyme
Minced and rubbed fresh sage (or dried)-Six leaves
Pepper
Salt
Lemon & Pepper Seasoning

...and toss with bread crumbs to coat. (I started with about 1/2 t. of each and then I just kept adding spices until all the bread looked spiced up...)

Meanwhile,

Sautee 1-2 onions, chopped
3-4 stalks of celery, sliced
1 or 2 cans mushrooms, sliced
2-4 T. butter

When onions are translucent, add to bread bowl.
Then add 2-4 c. broth (you can use turkey broth, chicken, vegetable, or even just water... I used 1 14 1/2 oz. can vegetable broth and an additional 1 1/2 c. water all mixed with chicken bouillion-but the same affect can be had by using cans of chicken broth.

Transfer mixture to a greased pan and bake, covered, for 45mins to an hour at 350. Posted by Picasa

No comments: